Bond Updates
Auto Created Blog

Recent Posts
1  2 
We will be having a ground breaking ceremony just west of the FB field at 2 pm on Tuesday, August 22nd.  Everyone is invited to come out and celebrate with us!  So it begins.  Thank you everyone for the support!
Posted by nathan.reed  On Aug 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM
  
The planning for stage I and II (classrooms and gym) are almost done!  The plan is start construction the week of the 21st of August.  We will have a small groundbreaking ceremony, focusing on students and staff.  We will announce soon when and where that will be.  Thank you to the community for all the support and understanding.  Here we go!
Posted by nathan.reed  On Aug 09, 2017 at 10:04 AM
  
Present: Jim Combs, Travis Mathes, Sid, Sarah, Engineers- Laura, Chris M, and Chase B., Nathan, Chris (Electrical Engineer) Design and Building schedule was reviewed. Classroom design review discussion - location of LVT flooring in classrooms was identified - location of tack and marker boards indicated and approved - Flooring in the corridors was discussed- VCT was approved - Decision to NOT provide a drinking fountain in the classroom addition to conserve cost Gym Design review discussion - volleyball, basketball, and scoreboard locations were reviewed- manual height adjustment was approved - gym duct height discussed - concessions layout reviewed - road location was reviewed and approved Mechanical discussion - sewer utility work - high pressure gas supply will be routed over existing building and reconnect to maintenance office - gas supply volume adequacy needs to be verified by KGS - air ventilation design in weight room/storm shelter needs to be determined - the separate ERV unit for weight room and locker rooms will be eliminated Electrical discussion - new transformer and feeder locations discussed - light alternates were confirmed - power plans reviewed - engineer will indicate smoke sensors for fire alarm system instead of duct detectors NO ADDITIONAL DESIGN MEETINGS HAVE BEEN SCHEDULED AT THIS TIME! (see project action deadlines in June 7 post)
Posted by nathan.reed  On Jun 28, 2017 at 8:39 AM
  
Attendees: Eric, Derek, Sarah, Laura, Aaron, Brian, Sid, and Nathan Contractor update: recommendation to upgrade sewer lines and grease trap on east side of existing building Architect update: sidewalk placement around new classrooms and gym; next meeting will be choosing styles and colors of carpet, etc.; need to get input from PreK and K teachers about number of tack boards and white boards; power door options; revised concessions layout; scoreboard placement and kind of scoreboard in new gym Engineering update: camera placements in gym and weight room Update to Action deadlines: Site Plans release- June 20th; Construction Documents release- June 28; Site Prep by Wiens- July 5; date- July 18 (could change); Contracts decided on at Special BOE meeting- July 31st; Construction start- August 14 (possibly earlier); Classroom complete- May 15, 2018; Gym addition complete- June 15, 2018 Next meeting: June 15th at 1 pm in district office
Posted by nathan.reed  On Jun 14, 2017 at 9:05 AM
  
Highlights of Construction meeting: -Electrical needs in new gym and weight room addition wire new gym for eventual sound system basketball goals and location, whether they are fixed to wall or motorized (possible savings later) scoreboard location -Concession stand configuration- wall oven? *will get Cindy Childs input on concession stand needs -Outer lighting needs for new structures -transformer and generator location on east side -replacing sewer line, the need to do it now if at all.  Life of existing is at the end. ***will meet every week as long as needed now NEXT MEETING: June 8th at district office- 1pm
Posted by nathan.reed  On Jun 08, 2017 at 8:33 AM
  
Present: Sid, Sarah, Laura, Derek, Eric, Aaron, Brian, and Nathan Sid presented: Geotechnical Study should be concluded by 5/22/17 Site Survey still has not been submitted- a copy will be shared with district and design team ASAP HVAC at gym and weight room area recommendations- 4 total units Sarah presented: Classroom drawings review and discussion- 65-70% complete Gym schematic plan and discussion -decision made to make the weight room area the storm shelter for better access of patrons and students as well as city of Langdon - may need to add a few columns in weight room to support deck above The AD and coaches had input on locker room/ coach office/ and storage space for PE - Decision to make the janitor room the new women's restroom entrance in the commons bathroom, this will allow to use add access control doors near band room hallway Laura (Engineer) shared recommendations: - go with a natural gas generator, district reps agreed - classroom electrical discussion, where to put plug-ins and which lights to add dimmers to - intercom and clock locations in new rooms District info: - intercom and clocks work will start in June - access and camera budgets are pending NEXT MEETING: Tuesday, May 30th, 2017 at 9 am in Superintendent's office  
Posted by nathan.reed  On May 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM
  
On May 3rd, 2017 There was a meeting hosted in the district office.  Those present: Aaron Basye Brian Dater Reidar (Electrical Contracting Co.) Sid Sarah Brent Fowler Craig Knoche Laura (Electrical Engineer) Nathan Reed Items discussed: Proposed design and construction schedule -5 phases (Classrooms and roof replacement; athletic addition; electrical upgrades; cafeteria addition and shop upgrades; and capital outlay work) -highlights- classroom addition and athletic addition will begin first; site prep starts early July; bid date end of July; construction starts beginning of August on the first two phases -clarification of what would be considered bond work and capital outlay work- Sid will work closely in helping determine. Ex) low voltage system installation and integration is district responsibility; fixtures, furnishings, and equipment in NOT part of the bond project or budget, these will have to be capital outlay expenses, hence the BOE will have to get more information to determine a new set of priorities for capital outlay 3-5 year plan. Next Meeting- May 17th at 9 am at district office
Posted by nathan.reed  On May 04, 2017 at 7:54 AM
  
bondmeeting4-19-17.pdf Sid Wiens, Sarah Sipe, and Nathan Reed met at 11 am to discuss: (documents attached above) Design and bidding schedule Summer break of 2018 extended by adding minutes to 17-18 and 18-19 school year (TBD) Geotechnical study and site survey- contractors to be recommended to Nathan soon Architect update from Sarah Engineering considerations still needed: -Electrical (intercom, access, security, and fire alarm) HVAC controls- BCS out of Wichita looks to be clear vendor (current vendor) Next meeting- May 3rd at 9 am with Sid, Sarah, Nathan, and BOE building committee
Posted by nathan.reed  On Apr 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM
  
Present:  Sarah (Landmark); Sid (Wiens & Co.); BOE members Brent and Eric, and Nathan The group met to consider two different options for classroom configuration Discussion highlights: - which setup would offer the best use of space and future consideration - playground equipment, where to move the equipment that will be displaced - where to place the safe room in the new addition in relation to the Ag shop -hallway access for elementary students to playground areas The group decided to have Sarah draft up one plan specifically and have the BOE review for consideration of change to original design. Another meeting will be held the week after Spring Break
Posted by nathan.reed  On Mar 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM
  
Present: Sarah (Landmark); Janice, Deborah, Sheena, Jessica M., Betsy, and Nathan (Laurie was unable to attend but offered input) Meeting set to discuss classroom details, what new rooms may be equipped with as far as storage and shelving and to have questions answered.  The teachers came away from the meeting feeling confident in the arrangement of the classes, keeping in mind that the design will not take into account personal preferences but meets the needs of primary students, whomever the teacher may be in the room.  Gathering input from stakeholders is a priority through the whole process.
Posted by nathan.reed  On Mar 13, 2017 at 8:46 AM
  
1  2